With such fine weather – there was no need to put up any kind of rain shelter for the tea and cakes – so entrants and visitors alike were able to enjoy the Fritwell Flower Show on Saturday 1st September.
It was clear that the entries were of a very high standard and that was echoed by the comments of the RHS accredited judge present.
A big Thanks to all entrants for their time and effort on your productions! See the photos below.
- Jim Harding highest points British Legion Challenge Cup.
- Martin Pearson, Colonel Hodgson Cup runner up, both for vegetable & flower.
- Martin Pearson, Chairman’s Cup 1-11 also vegetable & flower.
- British Legion Cup, best exhibit Vegetable, Eugene Baston.
- Rosemary Dockrey, Iris Allen Cup, Best Exhibit Flower.
- Sue Girling, Jim Wrighton Cup, Best Sweet Pea Exhibit.
- Martin Pearson, Women’s Institute Cup, most points Domestic.
- Glynis Lowdon, Mildred Winning ‘Silver Salver’ Runner Up Domestic.
- Glynis Lowdon, Walker Cup, Best Exhibit Domestic.
- Karen Edwards, Bill Hopkins Cup, Best Photograph 1-7.
- Aiden Edwards, Jim & Vienne Harding Cup 6 – 11years, also Eric Reeves Cup, Children’s Best Exhibit.
- Rachel Parker, Best Exhibit Knitted Garment, Craft Classes.
A message to all Cup winners: please return your cup (s) to Viv by Wednesday 12th September 2018, so she can get them engraved.
Thanks to Viv Harding, Helen Metcalfe & Ian Critchley for set-up, organising and running the event; Glynis Lowdon & Angela Stilgoe on teas & cakes; Doreen + Christine Reeves & Sheila Delahunt for selling raffle tickets & Mike Dockery for the auction of goods. Finally thanks to all sponsors of the raffles prizes.