Fritwell Village Hall Committee
- David Williamson – Chair
- Christine Denton – Secretary – Tel: 01869 346624
- Ria Bentley – Treasurer
- Colin Smith – Web Site
- Rob Jones – Cushion Club
- Glynis Lowdon
- Angela Blythe
- Carl Barber
- Eva Wheeler – Christmas Day Bar
- Angela Stilgoe – Fritwell Parish Council Rep
- Viv Harding – Forget Me Nots Rep + Flower Show Coordinator
- Daniel Kimber – Playing Fields Rep
Contact Fritwell Village Hall
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Secretary: 01869 346624
Fritwell Village Hall Purpose Statement + Compliance Checks (2017)
The Committee has generated an aspirational Purpose Statement and is working hard to achieve the goals that this document has set.
This includes Mission, Vision & Equality and Diversity Statements. You can see a copy here.
To back this up the Committee during 2017 have performed a number of compliance checks to ensure a Safe & Legal Public Space/Amenity as well as delivering on a program of refurbishments – see here.
- A new Electrical Safety Certificate
- A Self Assessment Fire Risk check including checking Notices of what to do in the event of fire + setting limits for hall capacity at events (in the Conditions of Hall Hire)
- Updated Conditions of Hall Hire (see bookings page for a copy)
- Health and Safety Self Assessment
- Hall & Public Liability Insurance is valid and current
- The above has referenced documents from the HSE (Health and Safety Exec); checklist from the Charities Commission on Village Halls + Village Hall Management (Legal) Health-check from (ACRE – Action with Communities in Rural England)
In the Spring of 2018, after the current hall refurbishments have been completed we plan to execute a new Building Survey to determine the expected life span of the current hall to assist in future hall development planning.
Could you help keep Fritwell Village Hall vibrant, safe & relevant to the community?
We welcome any offers of assistance, be it as Friend of Fritwell Village Hall who we can contact on an ad-hoc basis to plan, set-up, clear down events or run the bar Thursday nights at our Quiz/Social or do a quiz to give our resident quiz master a break or as a Committee member. You may have other relevant skills like web site design or event marketing or want to put on a community event. Please come forward…
To be added to the growing list of Friends of Fritwell Village Hall or enquire about becoming a Committee Member please email email@example.com or if you prefer old school and would like to speak to someone (!) please call our secretary on 01869 346624 or speak with a Fritwell Village Hall Committee member.
To sign up to our occasional “What’s On at Fritwell Village Hall” – simply submit via the form blow.
Thanks on behalf of Fritwell Village Hall Committee