We are pleased to report that the Village Hall Phase 2 refurbishment is making very good progress…
The Village Hall have invested over £4,000 so far in the refurbishment in 2017 – which is linked to the 2017 Hall Purpose and Compliance checks that the Committee has embarked upon…
Here’s a list of accomplishments:
Electrical Safety Check – new compliance certificate issued
- Installation of automatic outside lights for approach to building and to porch by the entry door
- Replacement of light fitting to lobby and entry to gents toilet – both these to comply with Health & Safety
- Replacement of heating control timer + one wall heater that had failed
- Key Safe positioned close the entrance
- The main body of the interior of the hall has now been painted
- The front of the building has been painted (further coat required)
- Repointing of kitchen and gents walls
- Repair of fire door hinge and fitting of door stop
- Replacement of manhole cover to front of building
Two window sills replaced
To be done:
- The walls to the side and the rear of the building require painting after external building work has been completed. Also window frames and door
- Replace kitchen door to the outside
- Replace the rest of the window sills
- Build cupboard to hide electrical fuse boards
- Further maintenance to the garage
- Improve lighting in the main hall
- Historic pictures/maps to decorate internal halls
Our Chair David Williamson has driven this project and worked a number of the checks himself with external suppliers where appropriate. We are also grateful to those volunteers who have given of their time, talents and efforts to achieve this.
We are very pleased to have contracted the talents of local man Mike Ling to carry out building repairs and that Adam Bowler has become our Buildings Manager (as a Friend of Fritwell Village Hall reporting to the Committee).
See also the Hall Governance Page for more information on the work done in 2017 & for your opportunity to join as an active Friend of Village Hall.
A massive “Thanks” to Brewers Decorating Centre Bicester for their community sponsorship to FVH
The Fritwell Village Hall Committee would like to thank Brewers Decorating Centre Bicester for providing all the paint, brushes and decorating kit to us to enable the internal and external paint refurbishment of the hall. Your support is very much appreciated – you have given us the materials to create a fresh new look.